About the recipes
-In this site most of the recipes are mild to medium spicy. If you and your family like spicy food, simply increase the amount of green chili, red chili, and garam masala.
- Homemade spices have stronger flavor than the pre-packaged ones. In most of the recipes on this site I have used homemade spices.
- I do not use garlic in my cooking. But if you want to add garlic, you can add garlic paste with onions, while frying.
-If you think your kids, guest or anyone in the family can't have green chilies, in that case do not chop the green chilies; instead use the whole chili. It becomes easier to remove the chili after the dish is ready. And you still get some flavor.
- I prefer to make all the lentils, paneer dishes, and mithai (dessert) items in pure ghee (clarified butter). But if you have any dietary restrictions you can always replace ghee with vegetable oil.
- For deep frying, I avoid filling the skillet with oil as repeated use of fried oil is unhealthy.
- Most of the recipes on this site say serves four.
- If you are a beginner, please be patient. If something does not turn out good, just do not get disappointed. Keep on trying....
Enjoy cooking !