About this site
This site has been especially developed
- For those who want to make all sorts of vegetarian food at home but need help to start up;
- For Indians, who go abroad and don’t find the foods/ingredients which are easily available in India;
- For all my friends who want to include vegetarian food in their routine meals and need help to go through.
One of our friends who lives in South Korea, and visited us in France, told us " I miss three ‘Fs’ deeply when I am outside India - First one is Family , second is Festivals and the third one is Food.”
In my recipes I have tried to explore replacing the ingredients that are difficult to find, by using easily available alternates. I also have pages on sweets (mithai), Chatpati Chaat (mouth watering snacks) and all those delicacies that one wants to eat but does not find outside India. Most of the ingredients are easily available in countries like USA, UK, Australia, Canada etc while in some other parts of world it is a struggle to find these ingredients e.g.- France, Spain, South Korea, Germany…….
In my recipes I have not mentioned the Time (Preparation time, Cooking time etc) because it is quite confusing for beginners. Each and every individual has his/her own speed to work and time limit makes it complicated to understand. However I have clarified at every step the frying time or the time that it will take to sauté, and so on. Also for some recipes I have tried to explain the complicated steps by explaining them with pictures. I think the recipes are helpful overall. Still if you find difficulty in following the recipes, please feel free to write to me.
I have started the site with Indian cuisine but very soon I will come up with recipes of International Vegetarian Cuisine too.
Enjoy cooking !
- All the photographs on this site are original, and copyrighted. If you need to use any image, please ask.
- Site designed, developed and maintained by Shuchi - contact