इस व्यंजन को हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Rava Uttapam or semolina uttapam is a very popular South Indian dish. Uttapams are made with fermented batter. These are thick pancakes. Traditionally onions, bell pepper, and tomatoes are added in the batter. Uttapams are served with typical South Indian accompaniments like; Sambhar, coconut chutney and tomato onion chutney. This is a complete meal and has protein, vitamins, carbohydrate, calcium, iron, and many other nutrients our body needs. This is a low fat dish.
Method of preparation
- In a bowl take semolina, salt, and yogurt. Mix all the ingredients well. Now add water, and mix well again. Leave the batter for 10 minutes.
- Semolina will absorb the water. Now check the consistency of the batter - it should be easy to pour.
- Remove the stem of the green chili, wash and chop it finely.
- Peel off, wash and finely chop the onion. Wash and finely chop the tomato. Wash and cut the bell pepper into halves. deseed the bell pepper and finely chop it.
- Now add chopped green chilies, coriander leaves, tomato, onion and bell pepper in the semolina batter. Mix well .
- Now add fruit salt and pour 1 tsp water on top of fruit salt (Eno/ Alka-Seltzer). Mix well thoroughly.
- Heat a flat griddle or tawa on medium heat. Clean the griddle with a wet cloth or kitchen towel.
- Now take one ladle full of batter and pour it onto the center of the griddle and spread out with the help of ladle, in circle of about 4-5 inch diameter. The uttapams are usually thicker than cheelas.
- Sprinkle a little oil, and cook it from both sides till it gets golden reddish dots.
:If you have a big griddle, you can make 4-5 uttapams at a time. This is very convinient for big parties.