हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Coconut chutney is a South Indian variety of chutney. This delicious chutney is made with coconut, peanuts (groundnuts) and flavored with green chili and coriander leaves. It is seasoned with mustard seeds and curry leaves. Coconut chutney goes best with idly, dosa, uthappam,etc. It also taste very good with upma, lemon rice, tomato rice etc. Try this delicious and easy to make chutney recipe and please do share your comments. Happy cooking, Shuchi.
(makes about 1½ cups chutney)
- ½ cup grated Coconut
- ½ cup peanuts
- 4 coriander sprigs / about ¼ cup choped coriander leaves
- 1-2Green chiles
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp yogurt (dahi)
- ¼ cup water about
- 1½ tsp oil
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- 4-6 curry leaves
- 1 whole red chili
Method of preparation:
- Heat the skillet an medium heat. Dry roast the peanuts on medium heat for about 5-7 minutes or until aromatic and change the color. Keep aside to cool.
- In a grinder, take grated coconut, roasted peanuts, coriander leaves & green chilies and blend. Add a little water and blend again to a smooth paste.
- Add yogurt (dahi) and salt again for 15 seconds.
- Transfer the chutney in a serving bowl.
Method of preparation for seasoning:
- Heat oil in a wok on medium heat.
- Add mustard seeds. When seeds stop crackling, add curry leaves and the whole red chili.
- Turn off the heat.
- Add the seasoning in the coconut chutney.
- Delicious coconut chutney is ready to serve. Serve with idli or dosa or uttapam.
Some Tips/ Suggestions:
- I have used dry coconut but fresh coconut would be ideal to use if you get it.
- You can adjust the amount of green chilies as per taste.
A South Indian Platter
Some other similar recipes: