इस व्यंजन को हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Rasam is a South Indian soup. It is made out of boiled lentils,tomato, spices, and tamarind juice. There are many different ways to make rasam. This is my version of lentil rasam.
Method of preparation:
- Wash and soak the arhar dal in 2 cups of warm water for ½ an hour.
- Boil arhar dal with salt and half of the rasam powder until it becomes tender.
- Blend the lentils or mash it very well (add water according to the required consistency).
- Add tomato puree, tamarind paste, jaggery, and the remaining half rasam powder and cook it for around 10 minutes on medium heat.
- Heat oil/ghee in a small pan, add mustard seeds. When seeds pop up , reduce the heat and add curry leaf , whole red chili, and asafoetida. Fry for few seconds and turn off the heat.
- Add the seasoning in the Rasam (lentil soup).
Delicious and healthy lentils soup/ Rasam is ready to serve.
Some suggestions/ Tips
I will be posting the Rasam Powder recipe soon.