इस व्यंजन को हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Rasam is a South Indian soup. It is made out of boiled lentils,tomato, spices, and tamarind juice. There are many different ways to make rasam. This is my version of lentil rasam.
- Arhar dal( pigeon peas) ½ cup
- Tomato puree ¼ cup
- Tamarind paste 1 tbsp
- Salt1 tsp or to taste
- Rasam Powder 2 tsp
- Jaggery ¼ tsp
- Oil/ghee 2 tsp
- Mustard seeds 1 tsp
- Dry red chilly 1-2
- Curry leaves 7-8
- Asafoetida powder 2 pinches
Method of preparation:
- Wash and soak the arhar dal in 2 cups of warm water for ½ an hour.
- Boil arhar dal with salt and half of the rasam powder until it becomes tender.
- Blend the lentils or mash it very well (add water according to the required consistency).
- Add tomato puree, tamarind paste, jaggery, and the remaining half rasam powder and cook it for around 10 minutes on medium heat.
- Heat oil/ghee in a small pan, add mustard seeds. When seeds pop up , reduce the heat and add curry leaf , whole red chili, and asafoetida. Fry for few seconds and turn off the heat.
- Add the seasoning in the Rasam (lentil soup).
Delicious and healthy lentils soup/ Rasam is ready to serve.
Some suggestions/ Tips
I will be posting the Rasam Powder recipe soon.
Some other Soup recipes