हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Tomato N Carrot Soup
Tomatoes are good source of vitamin A, B6, C and also vitamin E. Red tomatoes are also rich in dietary fibers. Carrots are rich in Vitamin A. The combination of tomato and carrots make a perfect soup which is definitely healthy and very delicious also. The carrots give a sweet flavor and compliments tangy flavor of tomatoes. This is a very simple and easy recipe and does not require many ingredients also. Try this refreshing, hot soup in cold winter days. Please do share your comments. Enjoy cooking, Shuchi..
- 1½ pounds/750 grams red tomatoes
- 3-4 medium carrots
- 1¼ tsp/to taste salt
- ¼ tsp freshly crushed black pepper
- 4 tsp butter/ Fresh cream to serve (optional)
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- Croutons to serve (optional)
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves to serve (optional)
Method of preparation:
- Wash the tomatoes. Cut each tomatoes into 4 pieces.
- Wash, peel and cut carrots into 1 inch pieces.
- Add salt in tomato and carrots. Boil tomatoes and carrots with one cup of water until they get tender (or take a whistle in the pressure cooker).
- Allow boiled tomato and carrot mixture to cool.
- In a blender transfer the mixture and blend it completely. Add more water if needed to get the required constituency.
- In a sauce pan boil the tomato and carrot mixture for 10 minutes add sugar and black pepper as per taste. tste and adjust the seasoning.
- Delicious tomato and carrot soup is ready to serve.
- Garnish the soup with chopped coriander leaves. Serve piping hot soup with butter and croutons..
Some Tips/ Suggestions:
- Add little more sugar in case if tomatoes are very sour in taste.
- You can also add some other herbs like basil and oregano in this soup.
- To give a different taste to to this soup add a small piece of ginger and a green chili while you boil carrots and tomatoes.