हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Oat is a good source of fibers. There are different savory preparations, desserts, and salads that are made out of oat. This is a delicious and easy to make recipe of oat porridge. The porridge can be served for breakfast, as a dessert, or even as a complete meal. You can also make cracked wheat/ daliya porridge by using the same method. Try out this light dish and please do share your comments ......
Ingredients ( serves 4)
- Cracked oat ½ cup
- Ghee ½ tsp
- Water 2 cups
- Milk 2½ cups
- Sugar a little more than ¼ cups
- Almonds / nuts of your taste ¼ cups
- raisins/ dried berries ¼ cups
- Green cardamoms 4 (optional)
Method of preparation:
- Slice the Almonds.
- Remove the green skin of the cardamoms and grind the seeds.
- In the pressure cooker heat ghee on medium heat, and roast cracked oat on medium heat until it is golden red and aromatic. (takes 2-3 minutes).
- Add water, mix well and take a boil. Cover the lid and take a whistle in the pressure cooker.
- When oat is cooked and tender, add warm milk and mix well. Take a boil and add almonds. Cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Now add sugar, mix well and cook for another minute. Turn off the heat. Add ground cardamoms.
- Let the oat dessert cool down.
- Garnish with raisins and berries. Now oat porridge is ready to serve. It can be served in morning breakfast, or as a dessert, or even as a complete meal if you are looking for something light.
Some Tips/ Suggestions:
- Do not add cold milk in the hot cracked oat, as milk may split.
- I have used a little bit of ghee to roast the oats as it gives the nice aroma to the porridge but you can remove the ghee and dry roast oats as well.