Moong Dal Dahi Vada
इस व्यंजन को हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Moong dal dahi vadas are light and yummy variety of vadas. Vadas are deep fried balls of lentil paste. In dahi (curd/yogurt) vada, fried lentil balls are soaked in the warm water to remove the oil. Then they are soaked in dahi (curd) for 3-4 hours so the vadas absorb the yogurt ( dahi) . It is a delicious and healthy chaat item. This can be served with main course too.
- Moong dal ¾ cup
- Yogurt (Dahi) 750 gms( about 3 cups)
- Salt 1 ½ tsp
- Sugar 2 tsp
- Oil to deep fry
Method of preparation
- Clean and wash the lentil (moong dal). Soak the lentils in 3 cups of water for about 4 hours.
- Grind the lentils in the grinder with little water.
soaked moong dal (lentil) lentil paste after grinding
- Beat the batter thoroughly till it becomes light. Mix in well the batter.
- Heat oil in a wok on medium heat. Pour about 1 table spoon of the lentil batter in the oil at a time, to make vadas. Deep fry the vadas on medium heat till they get golden pink .(takes about 7-8 mins).
vadas just after pouring in the oil vadas almost done
- Take the vadas out on the kitchen paper.
- Repeat the process with the remaining batter.
- Now soak the vadas in warm water. Add 1 tea spoon salt in the water and let the vadas get soft. Vadas will leave all the extra water in the oil and will soak the water. Take out the vadas from the water by pressing gently between your palms. Keep aside.
fried vadas vadas soaked in the saline water
- Beat the yogurt in a bowl. (Add milk only if the yogurt (dahi) is very thick) Add a little bit of salt, and sugar in the yogurt.
- Soak the squeezed vadas in this yogurt for about 2 hours. Vadas should be dipped in the yogurt completely.
vadas soaked in yougrt (dahi)
At the time of serving, garnish the vadas with roasted and grounded cumin, red chili powder, add some salt, and chopped coriander leaves.
Pour some tamarind chutney on top of the Dahi Vadas at the time of serving.
If yogurt (dahi) is not very thick do not add water or milk in it.
Some more yogurt preparations recipes
Some other chaat items