हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Raita is a yogurt based Indian dish. It is a coolant and is generally served as an accompaniment to the spicy main dishes. Mangoes are one of the most popular tropical fruit. Big thanks to my bhabhi (sister-in-law) who shared this delicious, healthy, quick and very easy raita recipe with me. Mint enhances the flavor of this raita so do add some fresh mint leaves if you have any. Try this yummy raita recipe and as always please do share your comments....
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 ripe mangoes (about 1½ cup pieces)
- 1½ cup fresh yogurt (dahi)
- 1 tsp sugar
- about ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp roasted and ground cumin
- red chili powder (optional)
- few fresh mint leaves
Method of preparation:
- In a glass bowl beat/whisk yogurt. Thick yogurt would be ideal for this recipe. Add salt and sugar.
- Wash, peel, and cut mangoes in small pieces.
- Add mango pieces in the yogurt and mix it gently.
- Garnish with ground cumin and red chili powder at the time of serving.
- Add some fresh mint leaves to enhance the flavor.
- Delicious mango raita is ready to serve. Serve it with any combination of Indian meal like dal-rice or roti and veggies, it always taste good.
Some Tips/ Suggestions:
- You can also add some other tropical fruits, such as pineapple, to this raita .
- If the yogurt is very thin, then hang it for half an hour in a muslin cloth to remove some water.