इस व्यंजन को हिन्दी में पढ़ें
These are South Indian snacks served usually in breakfast menu. Medu vadas are specific kind of vadas which have a hole in the middle (like American doughnuts). This deep fried lentil preparation is served with Sambar and coconut chutney.
Method of preparation
- Clean, wash and soak the urad dal(lentil) in the enough water for 3-4 hours.
- Remove the stem and finely chop the green chili.
- Grind the dal in the grinder with little water.
- Now add chopped green chilies, coriander leaves and salt in the dal. Beat the mixture .
- Heat oil in the pan-
6- First way
To make vadas, wet your left palm (for right handers) take 1 table spoon batter and pour it on your left palm and press it to give a circle shape, wet your right hand's index finger and make a whole in the middle of the dal , now wet your right hand's fingers and slowly take out the vada and put it on the hot oil carefully.
Take a plastic sheet, place it on your kitchen platform .clean the sheet with wet cloth, now pour 1 table spoon batter give circle shape, with the help of wet index finger make a hole in the center.Make 5-6 vadas like this on the sheet . Now wet your fingers and take out the vada one by one and pour them in the hot oil carefully.
- Deep fry the vadas on medium heat till golden red . Repeat the process with all the vadas.
- Drain the vadas onto a kitchen paper.
Fry vadas on medium heat (It takes 10-14 minutes per round!).