इस व्यंजन को हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Arbi is also known as arabi, toro, or colocasia. It is a summer vegetable and resembles a small potato. I use ajwain (carom) seeds for the preparation of arbi as it hepls in digestion of this vegetable. This is a very delicious preparation and goes with roti or paratha.
- Arbi 500 gms
- carom seeds(Ajwain seeds) 1 tsp
- Salt 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder ½ tsp
- Red chili powder 1 tsp
- Coriander powder 2 tsp
- Dry mango powder 1 tsp
- Garam masala ½ tsp
- Vegetable oil 2 tbsp
- Chopped coriander leaves 1 tbsp
Method of preparation
- Wash, and boil the arbi roots. Peel off the boiled arbi's and cut them into circles. If the arbis are small cut them into halves.
- Heat oil in the wok. Add ajwain seeds when seeds stop crackling add turmeric, red chilli powder, coriander powder, dry mango powder and garam masala. Fry the masala for 10 seconds on low heat.
- Now add arbi. Mix well and add salt and mix well again. Fry 10-12 minutes on medium heat. Garnish with green coriander leaves.
- Delicious masala arbi is ready to serve.
Serve with plain paratha.
If you like spicy food add in some green chilies.
For this preparation small arbi would be ideal.
Some more dry degetable recipes