इस व्यंजन को हिन्दी में पढ़ें
This is a delicious and traditional recipe for tamarind chutney. This chutney goes with all sort of chaat preparations. I have added some dates in this chutney - Dates are a healthier option, and also reduce the amount of sugar needed for the recipe. If you don't eat dates, you can replace them by increasing the amount of sugar/jaggery.
(makes about 2-3 cup)
- Tamarind ½ cup
- Dates 6-8
- Raisins 1 tbsp
- Brown sugar / jagerry ¾ cup
- White salt ½ tsp
- Black salt ½ tsp
- Red chili powder little bit
- Grounded black pepper ¾ tsp
- Roasted and ground cumin seeds 1 tsp
Method of preparation
- Wash the tamarinds and soak them in the warm water (1 cup) for half an hour.
- Remove the seeds and the fibers of the tamarind. Keep the pulp aside.
JTamarind soaked in the water
- Soak the dates in warm water for 10 minutes. Remove the seeds and make a paste in the blender.
- In a pan, mix tamarind pulp , dates paste, sugar/jagerry, salt, ground cumin, and black pepper. Boil the mixture for 10- 15 minutes. Add washed raisins, and cook for another couple of minutes.
Chutney is ready to serve.
Store in an airtight container. Chutney can be kept outside the refrigerator for a couple of weeks if the weather is not very hot.
You can boil the chutney in the microwave as well.