Paneer ke Pakore (Cottage Cheese Fritters)
इस व्यंजन को हिन्दी में पढ़ें
This is a very popular deep fried snack. Paneer pakoras are one of the most popular pakora variety all across the India. It is very rich in flavour and very tasty to eat.
Method of preparation
- Remove the stem, wash and finely chop the green chilies.
- Cut the cottage cheese (paneer) pieces into about 1 ½ inches square. Sprinkle ½ tsp chaat masala, ¼ tsp red chili powder and little bit of salt onto the paneer pieces. Keep aside for 15 minutes.
- In a bowl take besan, chopped green chilies, chopped coriander leaves, salt, red chili powder and chaat masala. Mix well . Add very little water at a time to get the perfect batter.
- In a wok heat oil on medium heat. Dip the pieces of cottage cheese (paneer) in the beasan batter and pour them onto the hot oil. Pour 8-10 pakoras in the same way. Deep fry the pakoras on medium to high heat unti reddis brown. (takes about 8-9 minutes). Drain out the pakodas on kitchen paper.
- Repeat the process with the remaining paneer pieces.
Delicious, crispy paneer pakoras are ready to serve. Serve hot with coriander chutney and meethi chutney.
Some Suggestins/ Tips :
Coat paneer pieces with the batter from all the sides completely..
Consistency of the batter should be similar to that for cakes.