Lauki Ke Cheele
इस व्यंजन को हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Lauki ke Cheele (pancakes of bottle gourd) – This is a very delicious dish. I have taken two lentils ; moong dal and gram (chana ) dal for this recipe , if you want you can take only moong dal. Lauki (bottle gourd) is one of the lightest vegetable and lentil and veggie combination makes a very delicious dish. Try out this recipe and please do not forget to write your comments….
Method of preparation
- Clean,wash and soak the moong dal and gram dal (chana dal) for around 4-5 hours in 2 ½ cups of water.
- Remove the stem, wash and finely chop the green chilies.
- Make a fine paste of soaked moong dal in the grinder.
- Add salt, chaat masala, grated bottle gourd (lauki),and chopped coriander leaves and chilies.
- Heat the griddle (flat tawa). Clean the griddle with wet cloth. Now take half bowl of dal paste in a bowl or use a ladle. Spread it into a circle of about 7 inch diameter like following picture .
- Sprinkle a little oil, and cook it from both sides.Takes about 2-3 minutes to cook a cheela.
Serve hot-delicious cheela with chutney of your choice or with tomato ketchup.
Lauki cheela's will not be as thin as the plain cheelas are, because it has filling in it.