हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Chola Chaat (Chickpeas Salad)
Chole/ Kabuli Chane, also known as Chickpeas / Garbanzo beans, are a very good source of protein. In this preparation, I have also added cucumber, tomato, red onions, and red bell peppers along with a lot of lime juice to enhance the flavor of this healthy salad. This is a popular street food in India and can be easily made at home....this fat-free chaat is a very good option for health-conscious people for this festive season...
- ¾ cup chickpeas (Chole)
- 1-2 green chili, finely chopped
- 2 small cucumbers
- 1 medium, tomato
- 1 medium, red onions
- 1 tsp/ to taste salt
- ¾ tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- Lemon juice 2-3 tbsp
- Chopped coriander leaves 2 tbsp
Method of preparation:
- Clean, wash and soak the chickpeas (chole) in 4 cup of water overnight.
- Add ½ tsp salt and boil the chickpeas until they get tender. If you are boiling in a pressure cooker, take 1 whistle on medium to low heat. Do not overcook chole for this recipe.
- Wash, peel and dice the cucumbers. Wash and dice the tomato .
- Peel, wash, and finely chop the red onion.
- In a medium glass bowl take boiled chickpeas, diced cucumber, tomato, chopped onions, green chilies, chopped coriander leaves, remaining ½ tsp salt, red chili powder, chaat masala, and lemon juice. Mix all the ingredients very well.
- Adjust the flavoring as per taste.
- Delicious, nutritious, and healthy chola chaat is ready to serve.
Some Tips/ Suggestions:
- You can also use canned chickpeas for this recipe. Replace with one 15 oz can of chickpeas.
- For kids - do not add chopped green chilies, instead add a little bit of tamarind chutney to enhance the flavor of chola chaat.
- This chaat is perfect for health-conscious people!
- I have also added finely chopped red bell pepper in this chaat.
Some Other Chick-Peas delicacies: