हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Strawberries are rich in Vitamin C and also are a good source of Folic acid, Iron, potassium and magnesium. With milk it makes a perfect drink. The amount of sugar can be increased and decreased depending on the sweetness of the strawberries. In spring/summers we have fresh homegrown strawberries, and they are very sweet so I use a little sugar. Enjoy this delicious and nutritious strawberry shake. Keep trying new recipes and please do share your comments. Shuchi
(Makes 4 servings)
- 2½ cups chilled Milk
- 250-300 gms/about ½ pound strawberries
- 4 tbsp sugar (add more as per taste)
Method of preparation:
- Keep milk in the freezer for 30 minutes to chill the milk.
- Remove the green petals and stem of the strawberries and wash them thoroughly. Cut strawberries into half.
- In the blender take strawberries, sugar and ½ cup of chilled milk and blend everything together till the straberries are blended well.
- Add rest of the milk (about 2 cups) and blend again till all the ingredients are mixed well.
- Delicious and nutritious strawberry shake is ready.
Some Tips/ Suggestions:
- Instead of Ice I have used chilled milk to make frothy and rich strawberry shake. Keep the milk in the freezer for 30 minutes to chill it. Blend chilled milk with strawberries.
- Increase or decrease the amount of sugar as per taset.
- You can easily grow strawberries at home. Strawberries are perennials and they come back year after years. Read about kitchen gardening.