Veg Chow Mein
इस व्यंजन को हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Chow Mein is a Chinese stir fried noodles dish. Chinese cuisine is very popular in India and there are lots of variants of vegetarian Chinese delicacies. This is a delicious preparation for vegetable chow Mein.This dish is not only vegetarian but also vegan. Often in Indian Chinese dishes, MSG (mono sodium glutamate ) is also added to enhance the flavor of food which I do not use in my cooking. Try this vegetable Chowmein recipe and do share your comments..
Cabbage, shredded 1½ cup
- Carrot 1 medium, 1 cup shredded
Bell pepper 1 (capscium) / ¾ cups juliennes
- Spring onions 2
- Red Onions 1 medium
- Instant wheat/ white noodles 3-4 ounce (about 100 gms)
- Salt 1 tsp
- White/black pepper, freshly grind ¼ tsp
- Soy sauce 1 tbsp
- Sugar ¼ tsp (optional)
- White Vinegar 1½ tsp
- Red chili flakes (optional)
- Oil 2 tbsp
Method of preparation
- Wash and cut the spring onions diagonally in about one and half inch long pieces.
- Peel , wash, and finely cut the juliennes of carrots.
- Wash, peel and cut the red onions in juliennes too.
- Wash and cut the cabbage lengthwise.
- Wash the bell pepper, cut in halves, take out the seeds, and cut in juliennes.
- Boil the noodles as suggested on the noodle packet.
veggies for chow mein
- Heat a wok, add oil. Now stir fry red onions for a minute on high heat.
- Add carrots, and bell pepper and fry for another minute.
- Now add shredded cabbage and fry for 20-25 seconds on high heat.
vegetable frying for chow mein
- Now add spring onions, boiled noodles, soy sauce, salt, sugar,White Vinegar and freshly ground white pepper. Stir well for a couple of minutes.
- Delicious chow mein is ready to serve. Serve. You can also serve chow mein with veg manchurian.
Some Tips/ Suggestions
- You can also add paneer/tofu, broccoli, cashews, mushrooms baby corn, etc in the veg chow mein preparation.
- For stir frying iron wok would be ideal. Do not use non stick woks for stir frying as frying has to be done on high heat and this can damage the non stick coating.
Everyone loves Noodles especially kids are a big fan of chow Mein. Sometimes you can pack Chow Mein for kid’s lunch meal. Add lots of veggies with noodles to make it healthier. Pack some fruits, nuts, and sweets as per your kids taste. The following picture shows, veg chow mein, clementines, roasted peanuts and dates and walnut squares.