Sooji /Rava Idli
इस व्यंजन को हिन्दीमें पढ़ें
Method of preparation
- Wash the raisins thoroughly.
- Grease the idli stand.
- In a bowl take semolina, salt, and yogurt (dahi). Mix well all the ingredients. Now add water, and mix well again. Leave the batter for 10 minutes.
- Semolina will absorb the water. Now check the consistency of the batter - it should be easy to pour.
- Now add chopped cashew nuts, raisins, and chopped coriander leaves. Mix all again.
- Boil one cup water in the pressure cooker.
- Add oil in the batter. Mix well.
- Now add fruit salt and pour 1 tsp water on top of fruit salt (Eno/ Alka-Seltzer). Mix well for a minute. Now pour about one tbsp batter in each section of the idly stand. Take care to fill about ¾ of the space on the stand.
- Set the stand in the pressure cooker, close the lid. Remove the whistle of the lid as we want to steam-cook the idlis. Steam for about 12-14 minutes.
- After cooking eave the stand for about 2 minutes.
- Now take out the idlis from the stand with the help of knife.
Some Tips/ Suggestions:
You can also add chopped green chilies, and mustard seasoning in the batter for a change.
Suggestions For Lunch boxes:
Fried idlies are ideal lunch for kid's lunch box. For that, cut each steam cooked idli into four pieces. In a nonstick pan heat oil, add mustard seeds when seeds stop crackling add curry leaves. Add idlies and little bit of red chili powder . Mix well and fry on medium heat for couple of minutes. Idlies are ready to go !