इस व्यंजन को हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Pooris are the deep fried Indian breads made with wheat flour. Poori are usually made for the festivals, ceremony, parties, etc, but there isn’t any rules; you can make pooris when you feel like eating them. Let’s make the pooris for Navmi pooja…..
Method of preparation
- Make a stiff dough of wheat flour by adding a little water at a time. Cover the dough with damp cloth and leave for 10 minute.
- Now divide the dough into 12 equal portations. Make a round balls of the divided portions.
- Now roll the ball with the help of oil into about 3 inch (diameter) round circle.
- Heat oil in a wok, put the rolled poori in the hot oil.
- Press the poori with the help of spotted ladle and when poori puffs up, turn the side. It takes about 35 seconds to fry a poori.
- Drain out the poori to the kitchen paper. Repeat the process with all the balls.
Some Tips/ Suggestions:
If you are serving immediately, fry poori on medium-low heat to make them crisp. But if you are planning to serve later, please fry the pooris on medium-high heat to make them soft.
click here for more Indian Bread recipes.