Peach and Strawberry Cobbler
इस व्यंजन को हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Cobbler is a delicious and easy to make fruit dessert covered with a rich crust. Cobblers are different from pies, in that a pie has crust at the bottom and fruits at the top, whereas in a cobbler, fruits comprise the bottom layer and the crust is at the top. To know more about cobbler (food) please check Wikipedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cobbler (food). Here we are making peach and strawberry cobbler...
Method of preparation
- Grease an 8 inch baking dish . It could be of any shape.
- Preheat oven at 375°F/ 190°C.
- Wash peaches and cut them into thick wedges. Wash hulled strawberries and cut them into thick wedges.
- Sprinkle about 2 tbsp sugar on peach and strawberry wedges and toss them well. Keep aside.
- Cut cold butter into quarter inch pieces .
- In a bowl sift all purpose flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and ground sugar.
- Now add butter pieces in the flour and crumble them with finger tips.
- Add vanilla essence in the flour mixture and mix well.
- Add 1 tbsp milk at a time and mix well until a batter of nice thick consistency is formed.
- Drop the spoon full of batter here and there onto the fruits. The batter will spread out during baking.
- Place the baking tray in the oven. Bake until the topping is golden brown. To check if the cobbler is ready : Insert a toothpick in the side of the cobbler,if it comes out clean, then it means the dish is ready. If the toothpick is not clean, we need to bake more. It takes about 25 minutes to bake the cobbler.
- Let the cobbler cool for 15-20 minutes.
- With a flat serving spoon take a serving portion, and set it on the serving dish. Top with vanilla ice cream.
You can also use other fruits to make the base layer.