Patta Gobhi Gujarati Style
इस व्यंजन को हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Patta gobhi is the hindi name for cabbage. Cabbage is a good source of Vitamin K and C, and dietary fibers. It has a very important place in Indian cooking and is used in different preparations. This recipe is for the Gujarati style of making cabbage. This is a quick, healthy preparation, with very little spices. I just love this crunchy Gujju veggie....
- Cabbage (patta gobhi) 1 small, about 6 cups shredded, about 500 gms
- Ginger 1 ½ inch piece
- Green chilies 2-3
- Mustard seeds 1 tsp
- Curry leaves 3-4
- Asafoetida a pinch
- Salt 1 tsp or to taste
- Red chili powder little bit
- Lime juice 2 tsp
- Oil 1½ tbsp
Method of preparation
- Wash the cabbage and cut it into about 1 and a 1/2 inch long and about 1/4 inch wide pieces. (Start cutting the cabbage from one side. Then change the side to get even pieces).
- Peel off, wash, and cut the ginger into small pieces. Remove the
stem, wash, and finely chop/ slit the green chilies. Wash the curry leaves and pat them dry on the kitchen paper.
- Heat oil in the wok on medium heat. Add mustard seeds. When seeds stop crackling add asafoetida. Reduce the heat, add grated ginger and
chopped/ slitted chilies, and fry for a few seconds.
- Now add shredded cabbage. Mix well and fry for one minute. Add salt, and red chili powder, mix well. Cover the lid and cook for 3-4 minutes. For this preparation we just cook cabbage half way - they remain crunchy that way. Open the lid and fry cabbage for one minute. Now turn off the
- Add Lemon juice. Mix well.
Patta gobhi ki sabji (cabbage vegetable) is ready
Serve with Roti or Plain Paratha. It actually taste so good as a salad even without any bread....
Patta Gobhi (cabbage) North Indian style
Some other dry vegetables recipe