इस व्यंजन को हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Method of preparation
- Combine the refined flour, wheat flour , semolina, oil, carom seeds ( ajwain) and salt .Mix them well and rub between the hands.
- Add a little water (it will take around ¾ cup of water) at a time and knead a stiff dough. Cover the dough with a damp cloth and set aside for about 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 26 small rounds. Press them between the palms.
- Roll them into semi thick rounds of 2 inches diameter.
- Deep fry the papris on medium to low heat until they are pink in colour . (takes 15 minutes)
- Take out the papris and drain oil on a kitchen paper . Allow them to cool.
- Papris are ready. These can also be stored in an air tight container.
- Mash or finely chop the potatoes.
- Whisk the yogurt thoroughly.
- In a serving dish place the papris; slightly crush the top puffed layer of the papri.
- Put a layer of chopped potatoes evenly. Now pour around 1 tbsp yogurt and 1 tbsp meethi chutney on top of potato layer.
- Sprinkle a little bit of salt, red chili powder, and roasted and ground cumin.
- Sprinkle little bit of sev/bhujiya.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
Some Tips/ Suggestions :
Mathris can also be used in place of papris if you want to. The only difference between papris and mathris are that papris are not poked. You can also buy papris readymade - these are easily available in Indian stores
Tamarind chutney can also be used instead of instant meethi chutney.
Add some boiled chick peas (or chole) in boiled potatoes to enhance the taste of papri chaat.