हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Oat Pulav With Tofu and Sweet Corn
Oat is a good source of fibers. There are many different savory preparations, desserts, and salads that can be made out of oat. This is a delicious preparation of oat pulav. You can serve this dish in the breakfast, brunch, dinner or it can be packed in lunch box. We have used tofu in this recipe to make it healthy as well as nutritious. We have added lots of vegetables in this pulav to make it more colorful and tasty. Serve this oat pulav with fresh homemade plain yogurt/dahi or butter milk/mattha to add more nutrition to your diet. Try out this delicious preparation and please do share your comments. Happy Cooking! Shuchi
- Cracked oat ½ cup
- Carrot 2 small 1/3 cup chopped
- Bell pepper 1 small 1/3 cup chopped
- Corn kernels 1/3 cup
- Onion 1 medium
- Green chili 2
- Ginger, finely chopped 1 tsp
- Bay leaves 2
- Oil about 1½ tbsp
- Cumin seeds 1 tsp
- Asafoetida 2 pinches
- Salt 1½ tsp/ to taste
- red chili powder ¼ tsp
- Coriander powder 1 tsp
- Garam masala ¼ tsp
- Tofu ¼ cup
- lemon juice 2-3 tsp
- Chopped coriander leaves 2 tbsp
Method of preparation:
- In a wok dry roast cracked oat on medium heat until it is golden red and aromatic.(takes 2-3 minutes).
- Remove the stem, wash, and finely chop the green chili.
- Peel, wash, and cut onions into small pieces.
- Peel, wash and cut carrots into small pieces. Wash and cut bell pepper (capscium) into small pieces.
- Cut tofu into small pieces.
- In a pan, cook roasted cracked oat with ½ teaspoon salt and 1½ cup water. It takes about 15 minutes to cook oat.
- In a wok/ skillet heat oil. When oil gets warm, add cumin seeds. When seeds stop crackling add asafoetida, and bay leaves. Fry for a few seconds.
- Add chopped green chili, and chopped ginger. Fry for a few seconds. Add chopped onions. Fry for a couple of minutes or until onions are translucent.
- Add carrots. Fry for a minute. Add chopped bell pepper, and corn. Add salt, red chili powder, and coriander powder. Mix well.
- Add chopped tofu and cooked oats. Add garam masala. Mix and cover the lid and cook for a few minutes. Cook until all the veggies are done.
- Fry for a minute and turn off the heat.
- Add lemon juice. Mix well. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves .
- Delicious and nutrious oat pulav is ready to serve.
- Serve mattha (butter milk) alongside to add more nutrition to your breakfast.
Some Tips/ Suggestions:
- You can also add other vegetables as per taste and availability.
- I have also added some red bell peppers in this preparation.
- Instead of tofu you can also use paneer; keep in mind that paneer has more calories than those in tofu.