इस व्यंजन को हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Methi is a Hindi word for Fenugreek. Fenugreek is an annual herb, which has medicinal values. Fenugreek leaves are rich in magnesium, iron, calcium etc. This is a recipe for pan fried Indian breads having fenugreek in it - This is a healthy preparation and is a delight, especially in winters when fresh fenugreek leaves are available in abundance in the market.
(makes 8 Parathas)
- Wheat flour 1 cup
- Fenugreek leaves chopped 1 cup
- Green chili 1
- Salt 1/2 tsp
- Oil 1 tsp
- Yogurt (dahi) 2 tbsp
- Water about 1/4 cups
- Flour to roll the parathas : 2 tbsp in a plate
- Ghee/butter/oil to brush the top about 2 tbsp
Method of preparation
- Remove the thick stem, wash and finely chop the green chili.
- Take flour, salt, chopped green chilies, oil, and chopped fenugreek leaves in a bowl. Mix all the ingredients well.
- Now add yogurt (dahi) in the flour mixture and mix well again.
- Now make a medium stiff dough by adding little water at a time. Cover the dough and leave it for 10 minutes.
- Make 8 small rounds of the dough. Heat the griddle or tawa, while griddle is heating up take a ball and roll the ball with the help of little dry flour into a 2 inch circle. Brush the inner layer with a little oil and close the circle into a ball again. Now roll this ball by dustig little dry flour into a 5 inch circle.(not too thick not too thin).
dough divided into 8 balls the ball after the coated inner layer with oil
- Placed the rolled circle(paratha) to the medium hot griddle. Turn it over when you see some red spots on the paratha. Now cook from the other side, and brush the top side of the paratha with oil. Turn the side, and press the sides with ladle, paratha will puff up. Cook from the other side .(takes about 45 seconds)
- Repeat the process with all the balls.
Serve hot methi paratha with your favorite vegetable (sabji). It can also be served with plain yogurt (dahi) and pickle.
These breads are ideal for traveling and go very well with tea.
If you don't find fresh fenugreek leaves in your part of world, use kasoori methi .
click here for more Indian Bread recipes.