Masoor ke Kebab
इस व्यंजन को हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Masoor dal is commonly known as Brown lentils in the USA. Masoor dal is brown from outside and the grain is red from inside. There are a variety of masoor dal, like green masoor also called as Le lentile vert, black golden, whole grain and split red masoor etc. The word kebab has come from Mughal period in India. Traditionally Kebab is associated with meat preparations - but this is a vegetarian version of Kebab. This dish is rich in protein, fibers and vitamin B1. This is a low-fat, easy to make starter/appetizer. I have made this many times for the parties and have always had rave reviews.
Method of preparation
- Clean, wash and soak masoor daal for ½ hour in 1½ cup water. Boil masoor dal with 1 tea spoon salt until they get tender ( we do not want soggy dal so make sure that amount of water is perfect).
- Let boiled masoor cool down, then mash the lentils thoroughly (can be done in the blender).
- Peel off and mash the boiled potatoes thoroughly.
- In a bowl take mashed masoor, mashed potatoes, chopped onions, grated ginger, green chilies, coriander leaves, remaining salt, red chili powder, garam masala, and chaat masala. Mix them very well.
- Divide the mixture into 16 portions and make oval shape kebab.
- Now heat a griddle/ skillet . Sprinkle a little oil, fry the kebab from both the sides till the kebabs are golden brown.
Serve hot Kebabs with coriander chutney .
Some Tips/ Suggesstions :
In case if masoor has some water after boiling, fry it in a non-stick wok until the water gets evaporated.
Some other lentils can also be added to this preparation.