Lauki ke Kofte
इस व्यंजन को हिन्दी में पढ़ें
The word 'Kofte' has come from the Middle East, and these dishes have Mughlai influence. Koftas are usually made of grounded meat. In India various vegetarian koftas are in vogue, because of a large vegetarian population. Koftas are delicious, rich delicacies. This recipe is for delicious lauki ke kofte....
Method of preparation for Kofte
- Scrap, wash and grate the lauki (bottle gourd). Squeeze off the extra water and sprinkle little salt on grated lauki (bottle gourd), leave for 10 minutes.
- After ten minutes, once again squeeze off the extra water . We need to remove all the extra water so the kofte will not break up.
- Wash, remove the stem and chop the green chili.
- In a bowl take grated bottle gourd (lauki), gram flour (besan ), grated ginger, chopped green chili, salt, chaat masala, and chopped coriander leaves. Mix well , and make 16 small balls of the mixture. (add more gram flour if the balls are not binding up).
- Heat oil in the wok. Deep fry the kofta balls on the medium-high flame till golden brown.(takes about 5 minutes). Take the koftas out onto the kitchen paper.
Tip: 1 Fry one ball first to check if the oil is hot enough.
2 If the balls are spliting in the oil , add more besan (gram flour).
Method of preparation for Curry
- Peel off onion, and ginger,wash and chop them roughly. Remove the thick stem of the green chili, wash and make a fime paste of onion, ginger and green chili in the blender.
- Wash, and cut the tomatoes roughly. Make a fine paste of tomatoes in the blender.
- Heat butter in a pan, sauté bay leaves for few seconds, now add onion paste and fry till it leave the sides of the pan. (takes about 8-10 minutes).
- Add red chili powder, turmeric powder, and coriander powder in the fried onion and fry the masala for another minute.
- Add tomato paste, salt & garam masala , and fry until material leaves the sides of the pan.(takes 7-8 minutes).
- Now add water and let it boil, after the first boil reduce the heat let it cook for 3-4 minutes. Curry is ready, turn off the heat.
- Pour curry onto the koftas at the time of serving.
Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
Serve delicious lauki ke kofte with the the rotis ( Indian breads) of your choice .