Lauki Chane Ki Dal
इस व्यंजन को हिन्दी में पढ़ें
This is a very delicious as well as nutritious preparation for lauki chane ki dal. Lauki/ bottle gourd is a very light vegetable and makes a perfect dish with the combination of Gram Dal (chana dal). Those who don’t like plain lauki will appreciate this preparation. So try this recipe out……
Method of preparation
- Scrap the outer skin of the bottle gourd( lauki), wash, and cut it into half inches cubes. We need about 2 cups of chopped bottle gourd (lauki) for this recipe.(shape does not matter, it is just to get an idea).
- Clean and wash the lentils . Soak the lentils in 2 ½ cups of water for 20 minutes.
- Add chopped bottle gourd (lauki), salt and turmeric powder and boil the lentils until it's tender.( take 2-3 whistle in the pressure cooker). Takes about 15 minutes.
- Peel off, wash and finely chop the onion. Wash and finely chop the Tomato.
- Heat the ghee. Add cumin seeds. When seeds crackle, add asafoetida, and chopped onion. Fry onion until transcluent (takes about 2 minutes). Now add chopped tomato, coriander powder, garam masala, and red chili powder, fry until masala leaves the ghee. Takes 2-3 minutes.
- Add the seasoning onto the Dal.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves .
Serve with roti or rice or why not both !
Variation : Onion is optional. If you do not eat onions, then just remove the onions from the recipe. I also make this dal without onions many times.