इस व्यंजन को हिन्दी में पढ़ें
The word Khasta means flaky, something wchich is crisp, flaky but soft is called as khasta in Hindi. This is a very delicious, and nutritious roti, usually served with rich gravies.
(makes 8 Rotis)
- Wheat flour ½ cup
- Semolina ¼ cup
- Gram flour ¼ cup
- Salt ¼ tsp
- Carom seeds (ajwain) ¼ tsp
- Flour to roll the rotis 2 tbsp in a plate
- Water about ½ cup to make dough
- Ghee/butter 2 tsp + to brush the top
Chopped spinach 2 tbsp (optional)
Method of preparation
- In a bowl take wheat flour, semolina, gram flour, salt, carom seeds and 2 tsp ghee and mix well.(add spinach with other ingredients if you wish to)
- Make a soft dough by adding little water at a time. Cover the dough and leave it for 10 minutes.
- Make 8 small rounds of the dough. Now roll the balls with the help of little dry flour into a 5-6 inch circle.
- Heat griddle (tawa) on medium heat. Place the rolled circle on the griddle, after 10 seconds turn the side of the roti.wait for 5-7 seconds. Press the roti lightly with the help of kitchen cloth or the mitten it will puff up .( takes 45 second)
- Repeat the process with all the balls.
- Top with butter or ghee (just brushing).
Serve hot Khasta roti with your favorite dal and veggies.
If you want more details for how to flip or cook roti, please see the pictures on Roti page .