इस व्यंजन को हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Kale Chane also called as Black/Bengal Grams are very rich in protein. It is a perfect breakfast dish if you are looking for something substantial. It is a very delicious low fat preparation.
Method of preparation
- Clean, wash and soak the black grams overnight in 4-5 cups of water.
- Add salt in the black gram and boil until grams are tender. (take 2-3 whistles on medium low heat in the pressure cooker)
- Peel off, wash and finely chop the onion. Peel off, chop into small pieces and wash the potato. Remove the stem, wash and finely chop the green chilies.
- In a nonstick pan heat oil, add cumin seeds. When seeds stop crackling add onion and green chili and fry until translucent (takes 3-4 minutes). Now add chopped potatoes and a little salt mix well and cook until potatoes are tender. (takes 5-7 minutes)
- Now add coriander powder, garam masala, and amchoor powder and fry for few seconds and add boiled black grams with the water if there is any. Mix well and cook until water evaporates. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves .
Kale chane are ready to serve.
Some Suggestins/ Tips :
Can be served with chopped onions. Add some lemon juice if you want.
If you do not eat onions just follow the same recipe and make chane without onions.
Suggestions For Lunch boxes:
This a perfect lunch box dish for kids. You can also add some fruits and may be a surprise cookie for your child....