इस व्यंजन को हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Cauliflower is called as Gobhi in Hindi and potato is called as aloo. This is a very famous dish all over the world. Aloo gobhi is a landmark in Indian in cooking; as in ‘Bend it like Beckham’ , the mother demands her daughter to learn to make Aloo Gobhi. This is a delicious preparation and can be served with any of the Indian breads.
Method of preparation
- Cut and wash the cauliflower florets and pat dry on the kitchen paper.
- Peel off, wash and cut the potatoes into one and a half inch pieces.
- Wash the green peas and keep aside.
- Peel off, wash, and finely grate the ginger. Remove the
stem, wash, and finely chop the green chilies.
- Heat oil in the skillet on medium heat . Add cumin seeds. When seeds change the color add asafoetida. Reduce the heat and add grated ginger and chopped chilies and fry for few seconds.
- Now add turmeric powder, cauliflower florets and potato pieces. Mix well and add salt, red chili powder and half of the coriander powder . Mix well and cover the lid . Cook on low heat until cauliflower and potatoes get tender. (Takes about 15-20 minutes)
- Now add green peas, and cook for another 2 -3 minutes.
- Now add rest of the coriander powder, dry mango powder
(amchoor powder), and garam masala. Fry the vegetable for couple of minutes. Be careful while frying the vegetables so they don't mash up.
- Add chopped coriander leaves. Mix well, and turn off the heat.
Delocious cauliflower and potato vegetable (gobhi aloo) is ready.
Serve with Roti, Plain Paratha or with Poori.
I have used frozen peas, which are mostly half boiled. If you are using fresh green peas, add them with other vegetables.
More dry vegetables recipes