Dry Mix Vegetable
हिन्दी में पढ़ें
There are so many different ways to make Mix Vegetables. One can make dry mix veg, mix veg in curry, mix veg breads, or mix veg pulav, stir fry etc.....The list is long!!! Here I am sharing a delicious Dry Mix vegetable recipe which is very popular in North India. You can find this dish easily in the menu of most Indian restaurat. Let's make everyone's favorite and delicious dry mix veg restaurant style.
Ingredients ( serves 4)
- Potato 2 medium Carrot 1 big/ 110 gms
- French beans 15-20/120 gms
- Cauliflower florets about 1 cup/about 120 gms
- Paneer 100 gms
- Green peas ½ cup
- Corn kernels ½ cup
- Onion 1 (100 gms)
- Green chili 1-2
- Ginger 1 inch piece
- Cumin seeds 1 tsp
- Asafoetida 2 pinches
- Bay leaves 2
- Coriander powder 2 tsp
- Red chili powder ¼ tsp
- Turmeric powder ¼ tsp
- Kasoori methi 1 tbsp
- Garam masala ½ tsp
- Amchoor powder/ Khatai ½ tsp
- Salt 1 tsp/ to taste
- Oil 2-3 tbsp
- Green coriander leaves, chopped 2 tbsp
Method of preparation:
- Cut the paneer into half inch squares.
- Peel off onion, remove the skin of ginger, remove the stem of the green chilies, and wash them. Finely cut chili and ginger. Chop the onions.
- Peel off, wash, and cut the carrots into about half inch squares.
- Remove the sides of the French beans. Wash and cut the beans into half inch pieces. Wash and cut the cauliflower into small florets.
- Peel, wash and cut potatoes into a half inch squares.
- Wash green peas and corn kernels ad keep aside.
- Heat oil in a wok on medium heat . Add cumin seeds. When seeds change the color, add asafoetida. Add bay leaves and fry for a few seconds. Add chopped onions and fry until onions are translucent.
- Reduce the heat and add grated ginger and chopped chilies and fry again for a few seconds.
- Add turmeric powder, carrots, french beans, cauliflower florets,and potato pieces. Mix well and fry all the veggies for a couple of minutes. Add salt, red chili powder and coriander powder. Mix well and cover the lid. Cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add corn kernels, green peas, paneer pieces, and kasoori methi. Mix well and fry for a minute. Cover the lid and cook until veggies are done.
- Add garam masala, and amchoor powder. Mix gently and fry for a couple of minutes.Turn off the heat.
- Dry mix veg is ready. Garnish the delicious veggies with chopped coriander/cilantro leaves.
- Serve with roti, poori or naan or the Indian bread of your choice.
Some Tips/ Suggestions:
- I have used carrots, green peas, potatoes, beans, and cauliflower etc for this recipe. You can also use other mix veggies according to your taste and availability.
- You can also add chopped tomato in this veg preparation.
Some other mix veg preparations-