Dal ki poori
इस व्यंजन को हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Dal ki poori is somewhere in between regular poori and Dal ki Kachauri. For this delicious poori I have made a dough with all the ingredients of Kachauri . So it is a quick yet delicious preparation. Add this dal ki poori in your Diwali dinner menu this time.
- Wheat flour 1 cup
- Urad dal ¼ cup
- Ginger ½ inch
- Green chili 1
- Asafotedia a pinch
- Fenugreek powder ¼ tsp
- Salt ½ tsp
- Red chili powder ½ tsp
- Coriander powder 1 tsp
- Garam masala ½ tsp
- Grounded Fennel 2 tsp
- Oil 1 tbsp
- Water about ½ cups to make dough
- Oil for deep frying
Method of preparation
- Clean and wash the urad dal. Soak the dal in 2 cups of water for 3-4 hours.
- Remove the stem of green chili and wash it. Peel off ginger,wash and cut roughly.
- Remove the water of the soaked dal and grind the dal with ginger and green chili.
- Mix all the spices, and 1 tbsp oil in the lentils (dal) paste.
- Take flour in a bowl. Add lentil paste with spices, and mix very well in the wheat flour. Add very little water at a time and make a stiff dough. Cover the dough and leave it for 10 minutes.
lentil paste with spices flour and lentil paste with spices
- Make 16 small rounds of the dough. Now roll the ball with the help of oil into about 2 ½ -3 inch (diameter) round circle.
dough balls Rolled dal pooris
- Heat oil in a wok, put the rolled poori in the hot oil. Press the poori with the help of spotted ladle and when poori puffs up, turn the side. It takes about 35 seconds to fry a poori.
dal poori in the hot oil 2 dal poori in the hot oil
- Drain out the poori to the kitchen paper. Repeat the process with all the balls.
Serve delicious dal poori with any curry preparation or dry vegetables.
If you are serving immediately fry poori on medium-low heat to make them crisp. But if you are planning to serve later, please fry the pooris on medium-high heat to make them soft.
Two or three or four pooris can be fried at a time ...
make more pooris at a time to save tha time
click here for more Indian Bread recipes.