हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Bite Size Pizza
Pizza- One of the most popular food on planet Earth. There are uncountable variations of pizza. I like to try mini things. There are many benefits of making mini things as it is easier to serve them, it stops wastage, it also helps in diet control, etc. ......Give it a shot and as always please do share your thoughts!! Shuchi
Ingredients (Makes about 2 dozen tiny bite size pizzas)
For Pizza Base
- Whole wheat flour ½ cup
- All purpose flour ½ cup
- Salt ¼ tsp
- Sugar ¼ tsp
- Extra virgin olive oil 1½ tsp
- Active dry yeast ¾ tsp
- Warm water about 1/3 - ½ cup
- Flour 2 tbsp for rolling and smoothing the dough
For Pizza Toppings
- Pizza Sauce ½ cup
- Mozzarella cheese, grated ½ cup
- Dried basil and oregano to sprinkle as per taste
- Red chili flakes to sprinkle as per taste
- Olive oil to drizzle
Method of preparation:
- Folliwing picture shows the ingredients of Pizza dough-
- Soak dry active yeast in about 2 tbsp warm water. Make sure that water is neither hot nor cold. Otherwise yeast will not become active. Cover the bowl and leave it for 5 minutes to activate the yeast.
- After 5 minutes you will see bubbles appearing on top .
- Sift wheat flour, all purpose flour and salt a couplke of times. Add sugar in the flour.
- Now make a small spacing in the flour and pour the activated yeast mixture. Leave for 2 minutes. Now mix them together with spoon or with your fingers. Add olive oil and mix again. Make a medium soft dough by adding lukewarm water, little by little at a time.
- Transfer the dough to the work surface and knead it very well for 3-4 minutes. Use a little dry flour if the dough is sticky.
- Cover the dough with a damp towel and leave it in a warm place to ferment for about an hour. After an hour the dough will approximately double in size.
- Knead the dough again. After kneading, dough will be light and smooth, and will be ready to use.
Method of preparation for Pizza:
- Pre heat oven to 400° F.
- Divede the dough into 24 small balls. Smotthen them and roll them into one and a half inch circles.
- Place bite size pizza base in the pizza tray/ baking try. Poke the rolled base here and there.
- Spread a layer of pizza sauce evenly on the rolled circle.
- Spread grated mozzerella cheese evenly on top of pizza sauce.
- Sprinke some dried basil and oregano as per taste. You can also sprinkle some red chili flakes.
- Drizzle olive oil on bite size pizzas.
- Place the pizza tray in the preheated oven and bake the pizza on the medium rack of the oven for about 5-7minutes or until done.
Some Tips/ Suggestions:
- For a change you can also use tomato chili sauce for this pizza preparation.
- You can also try this pizza on regular English bread. Cut the bread with cookie cutter into bite size portions...
- You can also use some finey chopped veggie toppings as per tase.
- You can also add dried basil and oregano in the dough to make these bite size pizzas more flavorful
Some Other Varities of Pizza