इस व्यंजन को हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Bhindi is also known as Okra or lady-fingers. Okras are good source of vitamin A, C, K, and B6. They are also rich in calcium, magnesium and dietary fibers. This is a yummy preparation for stuffed Bhindi/ Okra. Stuffed vegetable preparations are considered as exotic and often made for parties and celebrations. My professor husband loves cooking and he actually made this dish. Try this delicious stuffed veggie preparation.........
- Okra (bhindi) 250 gms
- Nigella seeds (kalaunji) ¼ tsp
- Grounded Fennel 3 tbsp
- Turmeric powder ½ tsp
- Red chili powder 1 tsp
- Coriander Powder 1 ½ tbsp
- Fenugreek powder ¾ tsp
- Garam masala ½ tsp
- Amchoor powder 1 ½ tsp
- Salt ¾ tsp
- Oil 2-3 tbsp
Small okras would be ideal for this recipe.
Method of preparation
- Wash, and wipe off the extra water of the okras with the kitchen towel paper. Remove the thick stem of okra/ lady fingers. Cut a slit vertically in the middle of okra without cutting it into two parts.
- In a bowl take all the spices, and mix well. Add 1 tbsp water or oil to mix the spices well.
- Open the slit of okra and fill the spice mixture in it. Repeat the process with all the okras.
- Spices filled okras.
- In a wok heat oil, put all the stuffed okras on the skillet, and fry for couple of minutes.
- Now reduce the heat and cover the lid and cook until okras are done. ( takes about 15-20 minute). Do not forget to stir the okras ocassionaly.
- Now fry the okras for a minute and turn off the heat.
Delicious bharvan(stuffed) okra/bhindi is ready to serve. Serve with Roti, Plain Paratha, or your favorite Indian bread.
Some Tips/ Suggestions :
You can adjust the amount of spices as per taste..
You can also use mixed pickle/ Raw mango pickle leftover masala and oil for the filling.
Some other dry vegetable