इस व्यंजन को हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Ladoo is a hindi word for round ball. Ladoos are very famous Indian dessert usually made out of different kinds of flour(wheat, gram etc)/grains(sesame) with ghee(clarified butter), sugar and dry fruits.Some very common varieties of ladoos are aate ke ladoo, besan ke ladoo, sooji ke ladoo, Til ke ladoo etc..
Method of preparation
- Finely chop the cashew nuts and the almonds.
- Remove the outer skin of the green cardamoms and ground them in the mortar.
- Sieve the besan (gram flour).
- Heat ghee in a skillet, add besan . Fry the besan on medium heat for 5-7 minutes.The besan will look like the following picture.
- Reduce the heat and fry besan until you smell a nice aroma or see ghee comes up. We want nice golden color of besan so make sure it doesn't burn. Stir continuously. (takes around 15 minutes). As shown in following picture.
- Now add chopped dry fruits and fry for another 30 seconds. Turn off the heat. Keep aside.
- When fried besan is still little lukewarm but not hot add sugar, and ground cardamom and mix well.
- Take about 1 full table spoon mixture and make round ball between your palms as shown in following picture.
- Roll the laddoo in your hand to give a perfect round shape as shown in the following picture.
Delicious besan ke laddoos are ready to serve. These laddoos can be stored in airtight container for a month.
Some Tips/ Suggestions:
Coarse besan would be ideal for laddoos. If you do not find it add 1 table spoon of semolina in 1 cup of besan before you start frying.