Alsi (Flaxseeds) Laddoo
इस व्यंजन को हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Alsi is a Hindi word for Flaxseeds. These seeds are very rich in omega 3 fatty acids and dietary fibers and are also a very good source of lots of minerals. This is a very traditional laddoos recipe made with flax seeds, black sesame, and poppy seeds etc. Black sesame seeds, and poppy seeds are also a very good source of minerals. These laddoos are highly nutritious. Thanks to my aunt who shared this recipe with me………Please try out this this winter special delicacy and plaese do share your comments.
- Flax seeds (alsi ) 50 gms ¼ cups
- Black sesame (kala til)50 gms ¼ cups
- Poppy seeds 50 gms ¼ cups
- Edible gum(गोंद) 2-3 tbsp
- Almonds ¼ cups
- Wheat flour ½ cups
- Thickened milk (khoya/mawa) ¾-1 cup
- Ghee ¾ cups
- Sugar ¾ cups
Method of preparation
- Dry roast the flax seeds (alsi), black sesame, and poppy seeds separately on medium heat for 2-4 minutes. These grains splutter, so take care while roasting the seeds. Set aside to cool down.
- Grind the flax seeds, sesame seeds, and poppy seeds separately in the grinder. Grind poppy seeds fine. Rest of the seeds can be coarse.
Flaxseed, black sesame, poppy seeds, etc home made khoya/mawa
- Heat ghee in a wok on medium heat. Deep fry the edible gums for a minute. Keep aside to cool down.
- Deep fry the almonds seeds in same ghee for a minute and keep aside to cool down.
- Grind the fried edible gums in the grinder.
fried edible gums ground ededible gums
- Grind the fried almonds.
- Now in the same wok (with the ghee) add wheat flour (aata). Fry the flour on medium till it is brown and smells nice. It takes about 7-8 minutes to fry the flour.
- Transfer all the ground seeds, edible gum, almonds, and fried flour in a big bowl.
- Fry thickened milk ( mawa/ khoya) for a couple of minutes on medium heat.
- Mix the khoya in the big bowl mixture.
roasted and ground grains ready mixture for laddoos
- When mixture is still lukewarm but not hot, add sugar and mix well.
- Take about 1 full table spoon mixture and make round ball between your palms as shown in the following pictures. Make all the laddoos in the same way.
laddoo making laddoos are ready
Delicious and very nutritious flaxseed laddoos are ready. You can keep these laddoos for about two weeks without a refrigerator.
In most of the western countries we get only fine sugar, but if you live in india, you need ground sugar for this recipe.
The amount of mawa/khoya, and sugar can be increased as per taste.
Some other dessert recipes.