इस व्यंजन को हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Aloo matar –This is a dry vegetable preparation of potatoes and green peas. In winter usually the markets are flooded with new baby potatoes and green peas are also in abundance. Green peas are rich in protein and also a good source of iron, thiamin and fibers. This is a simple and easy to follow recipe for Aloo matar………
Baby Potatoes ½ kg
- Green peas 1 ½ cups
- Green chili 1-2
- Cumin seeds 1 ½ tsp
- Asafoetida a pinch
- Salt 1 ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder ½ tsp
- Red chili powder ½ tsp
- Garam masala ½ tsp
- Coriander powder 2 tsp
- Dry mango powder 1 tsp
- Vegetable oil 2 tbsp
- Chopped coriander leaves 2 tbsp
Method of preparation
- Peel off the baby potatoes. Cut each potato into 2 parts.
- Wash the potatoes thoroughly and dry on a kitchen towel.
small/ baby potatoes potatoes cut into two parts
- Remove the stem, wash, and finely chop the green chilies.
- Wash the green peas and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a wok. Add cumin seeds. When seeds crackle, add asafoetida, and chopped green chilies. Fry for a few seconds.
- Now add turmeric powder and add potato pieces. Mix the potatoes well and fry for couple of minutes.
- Now add salt, red chilli powder, and half of the coriander powder and mix well. Cover the lid, reduce the heat, and cook the potatoes.
- When potatoes are half done, add green peas. Mix well and cover the lid until potatoes and peas are tender.
- Now add remaining coriander powder, dry mango powder and garam masala. Mix well and fry the veggies for 5 minutes on medium heat. Turn off the heat.
Garnish with green coriander leaves.
Delicious Aloo Matar is ready to serve. Serve with Plain Paratha or Dal and rice..
More dry vegetables recipes