Shahi Aloo Ka Halwa
इस व्यंजन को हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Potato (aloo) ka halwa is a delicious dessert preparation. This is a phalahari dessert and can be eaten in the days of fasting as well. I remember my grandmother used to make this halwa for Ekadashi vrat.
Method of preparation
- Remove the outer green cover of the cardamoms and grind them in the mortar.
- Peel off the potatoes, wash, and grate the potatoes and wash them again.
- Now leave the grated potatoes on the strainer to remove the extra water.
- Heat ghee in a non stick wok and add grated potatoes. Fry the potatoes for couple of minute.
- Now reduce the heat and cover the lid. Cook the potatoes till they get tender. Takes about 10 minutes. Do not forget to stir occasionaly.
- Mash the potatoes with a ladle. Now cover the lid and cook the potatoes for another 10 minutes.
- Add sugar and mix well. Cook the potatoes for 5 more minutes on medium heat. Turn off the heat.
- Add cardamom powder. Aloo halwa is ready.
- Garnish with slivered almonds.
Delicious potato (aloo) halwa is ready to serve.
Do not use very fine grater as finely grated potatoes may leave water at the beginning. I have shown the grater in the side picture for your convenience.
I have used non-stick wok for this recipe - potatoes can become quite sticky and a non-stick surface works best.