हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Aloo Paneer Pyaj Paratha
(potato, paneer and onion stuffed bread )
Aloo-Paneer-pyaj paratha or potato-paneer-onion stuffed bread is a delicious variety of stuffed pan fried Indian bread. This stuffed paratha is ideal for lunch boxes, picnics, weekend brunches etc….. You can also add some grated carrots in this paratha. This delicious paratha can be served with plain yogurt or pickles of your taste. Hope you like it!! Please share your comments.
(makes 8 parathas)
- 1½ cups wheat flour
- about ¾ cup water, to make dough
- 2 tsp oil
- ¾ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 big onion, finely chopped
- Green chilies 2, finely chopped
- 1 cup Paneer, mashed
- 4 medium potatoes boiled
- 1½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- ½ tsp chaat masala
- ½ tsp garam masala
- 2-3 tbsp chopped green coriander
For Rolling and Cooking:
- Flour to roll the parathas : 2-4 tbsp in a plate
- Ghee/butter/oil to brush/ cook the paratha, about 2-3 tbsp
Method of preparation for Dough:
- Take flour in a big bowl. Make a semi soft dough by adding a little water at a time. Knead the dough back and forth a few times. Cover and leave the dough for 10-15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 8 portions and make small rounds of these portions.
Method of preparation for Stuffing:
- Peel the boiled potatoes, and mash them. You can grate the poatoes as well.
- Heat oil in the wok on medium heat. Add cumin seeds; when seeds crackle, add chopped onions and green chilies. Fry until onions are translucent.
- Add mashed potatoes, paneer, salt, red chili powder, chaat masala, and garam masala. Fry for a couple of minutes. Turn off the heat. Add chopped coriander. Mix well. Stuffing is ready.
- Set aside the stuffing to cool down. Divide the stuffing into 8 portions.
Method of preparation for Parathas:
- Take a ball of dough and roll it with help of dry flour in about a 3 inch circle. Brush the inner layer with very little oil, and put 1 portion of stuffing at the center of the rolled ball. Now bring the sides together and close the circle.
- Roll this ball by dusting a little flour into a 5-6 inch circle. Stuffed parathas are usually rolled thicker than the plain ones.
- Heat the griddle/ tawa on medium heat. Grease the bottom. Place the rolled circle (paratha) to the medium hot griddle. Turn it over when you see some red spots on the paratha. Now cook from the other side. Brush the top side of the paratha with oil and turn the side. Press the sides with a ladle, paratha will puff up. Cook from the other side (takes about one and half minute to cook a stuffed paratha).
- Repeat the process with all the balls.
- Yummy aloo-paneer-pyaj parathas are ready. Serve hot aloo-paneer-pyaj paratha with raita or plain yogurt/curd and/ or pickle/ chutney of your taste.
Some Tips/ Suggestions:
- You can aslo serve this paratha with butter.
- Increase or decrease the amount of paneer as per taste.